Wednesday 26 October 2011

New to downloading torrents, please help with speed...?

Hello. I recently found a file that I realized I can't find elsewhere besides through a torrent.

I normally would use rapidshare/ megaupload to download it, but I can't find it uploaded.

I downloaded BitTorrent 6.1 and managed to download the file (260MB), but at EXTREMELY slow speeds (average of 3kb/s- maxing at 12kb/s).

I haven't changed any of the settings, as I do not know how to properly change them.

I'm pretty sure I need to change the port settings, but I am not sure what part needs to be configured.

I tried to read on this subject, but I read multiple things about port forwarding which I couldn't really understand.



Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
New to downloading torrents, please help with speed...?
it may not be you with the slow speed but the torrent may have a download speed, it is all to do with the number of people broadcasting the files, called seeders
New to downloading torrents, please help with speed...?
Since BitTorrent 6.1 is identical to uTorrent 1.8, this guide on setting uTorrent up for best speed will help:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/鈥?/a>