Friday 7 October 2011

If I have DSL internet 2 Mega connection .How many ports can I connect with Router?

I have 40 Flats ,and I need to connect with DSL INTERNET to all , and I have only 2 Mega speed come from router.How can I CONNECT FOR 40 PORT without change the General speed?
If I have DSL internet 2 Mega connection .How many ports can I connect with Router?
with a switch but it will effect the speed there is no way around this unless you buy better service
If I have DSL internet 2 Mega connection .How many ports can I connect with Router?
It sounds like you want to set up a network between the 40 flats, and attach the internet to the network. 2Mbit internet (which sounds like a standard home user plan) is not nearly going to be enough to split between 40 people - ideally the bandwidth would be split evenly between everyone (so everyone would get 50kbps, which is not much faster than dial-up), but very likely most of the bandwidth would go towards a few people, depending on who was doing what (downloading, streaming videos etc.). There is no point installing DSL internet in flats if the people in them can get faster internet via dial-up. I would recommend ether getting several modems and connections, and splitting up the 40 flats over the several modems, or talking to your ISP about getting a business line, which would enable you to supply your flats with a much better DSL connection.



Also note that by networking the flats together, rather than giving each one a separate modem, this means that people in different flats can access each other's computers over the network, which usually is not a good thing. I think you can get special hardware that you use instead of a switch that stops this, or you would just need to inform your flatters of this, so they can disable sharing on their computer etc.