Friday 7 October 2011

How do I beat a university firewall so I can download torrent files etc?

I'm at university and there is a firewall blocking stuff i try to download. For example i want to dload something using azureus. I get one or two seeds connected if im lucky, and i dload at a rate of maybe 2kb/s max. and thats for maybe the odd minute every half an hour or something. ive tried changing the ports i use, and they all seem to be blocked or in use etc etc. So if anyone knows a way of beating it, that would be greatly appreciated. And also i think i cant ask any I.T supervisors here. They definitely wouldnt let me dload stuff like this, but if you could help me, thank you.
How do I beat a university firewall so I can download torrent files etc?
The firewall is there for a real reason. The University resources are for scholarly purposes only. You shouldn't be trying to rob others of Internet resources for any other purpose. Buy your own Internet service provider's services and download what you want and leave the University's resources alone.
How do I beat a university firewall so I can download torrent files etc?
google: %26quot;proxy IP address%26quot;
you can be expelled if they find out.. don't bother, get your own ISP or download from a internet cafe.