Wednesday 26 October 2011

My 3rd Gen iPod Classic WONT CHARGE/SYNC. Please help!?

Please read all this carefully. I have a few questions i need asked and don't want to repeat myself cuz ive asked this several times with no help :[



Its the iPod with the four touch buttons in a row above the touch wheel. So its old, but I took the iPod apart and charged the battery with another iPod taken apart. So the battery is fine.



I tried plugging it into a wall charger, and the iPod lights up, knowing its being plugged into something but doesn't say its charging.



I tried plugging it into the usb port on a PC-No response or recognition on iTunes but the iPod lit up again, again not charging.



Tried a Mac- AGAIN no response/recognition on iTunes, iPod lights up but no charging.



DO YOU KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH IT?

AND can you please tell me if I need to replace the sync.charging port. Where can I find a tutorial on that, or how can I do that. Because I've found its soldered or connected directly to the logic board (or mother) and don't know how to disconect it and I DONT WANT TO FIND A REPLACEMENT LOGIC BOARD UNLESS THE BOARD IS THE PROBLEM OR THERES NO WAY TO CHANGE THE PORT WITHOUT RUINING THE BOARD
My 3rd Gen iPod Classic WONT CHARGE/SYNC. Please help!?
You don't want to hear this but get a Zune.