Wednesday 26 October 2011

Huge open nat problem?

Hey I'm trying to open my NAT so I can join more games on XBOX LIVE. problem is, if I change the port filtering options, it disconnects my laptop (Acer Inspiron, I can give more info if needed). does anyone know how to open the NAT to both xbox live and my laptop?
Huge open nat problem?
Dont bother playing with nat. make sure you're settings work great with your laptop because that's priority.



the simple and very effective solution for Xbox Live is to put your Xbox into a DMZ. I'm sure you're router has that option on it.



Basically what a DMZ does is that it opens all ports to your Xbox 360 (in essence giving it complete freedom and you won't have any connection issues.)



The option on your router is probably very intermediate. I know on a Linksys it just says %26quot;DMZ%26quot; and you type in an IP address. If this is the case you will type in the IP address you want your Xbox to be (192.168.0.175 for example). Save your settings. When you're done with that be sure to set your Xbox IP settings to MANUAL and give it the ip address you wrote in the DMZ (192.168.0.175).



Like i previously said, this setting in the router will open all ports to your xbox and you won't have any connection problems after that :)
Huge open nat problem?
http://youranswers.andrewbolam.co.uk

A very informative website, kindly stay a minute in website and check
  • scientific name for
  • streamreader
  •