Wednesday 21 September 2011

What program can I use to route the default port from free ventrilo to something else?

Hello



Free version of ventrilo, not cracked or anything like that.



It has max clients 8. That is fine, I will only use it for small stuff like talk to my mates.



But you can not change the port number in the free version either. Thats my problem.



I heard people are playing with programs like sockscap and such things to bypass firewalls and such to connect to games over another port.



All I want is to change the default port of free ventrilo to something else (7120) and then be able to connect to ventrilo over that port.



Anyone know what program I can use to change the port?



Anyone know how to do so?



I am already familiar with hosting ventrilo server, porting and such things. I have a VPS that only got the ports 7100 - 7199 assigned.



OS: Windows server 2003 32bit
What program can I use to route the default port from free ventrilo to something else?
If you are hosting...



Just use port forwarding at the router. 7120 inc -%26gt; 3784, internal IP address. You have to be the host and have access to changing the router but it is very easy.



Edit: I do mine at the router...



But this looks interesting..

http://www.quantumg.net/portforward.php



Haven't tried it since I own my network.
What program can I use to route the default port from free ventrilo to something else?
Access the router(check documentation if you have it) and activate port forwarding. The address to punch into a web browser is usually something like http://10.0.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1
  • creating file
  • dvd movies case
  •