Saturday 24 September 2011

Is there anyway to get change my regular usb port to a high speed usb 2.0 port?

I have a usb port on my laptop and I am using an external usb dvd drive with it. When I plug it in my laptop, it says that the device can preform faster with a usb 2.0 port. How can I get my regular usb port into a usb 2.0 port? Is there any softwear to download that will work? Is there a usb adaptor? Thanks
Is there anyway to get change my regular usb port to a high speed usb 2.0 port?
Wally World,'AKA', Wal-Mart sells the adaptor for under $5.oo
Is there anyway to get change my regular usb port to a high speed usb 2.0 port?
Nope, you are stuck with USB 1.1...no big deal, not that much difference in time. Forget about it and carry on. Good luck
You can get a PCMCIA card that has a couple USB2 ports on it.
Software won't work. Maybe this will:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/鈥?/a>
first verify that ur laptop isnt supposed to be usb2.0 .. if it is then get the proper driver reinstalled ...usb2.0 is hardware so you either have it or you dont and if you do have the hardware then it needs the proper driver ... sometimes the driver gets messed up ... anyway they do sell an addon card to give you usb2.0 and it does make a big difference in external drive performance over usb1.1