Saturday 24 September 2011

How do change my usb port name? For Example, From G:/ to F:/. and let it stay that way Forever. Thanks Guys:D?

I save all my songs in an external hard drive since my laptop doesn't have enough storage space. Since all my songs are in the external hard drive, when I save it on iTunes, the location is, in my case, F:/, but when I remove my External Hard drive, it changes the location, making it G:/. It's just Frustrating to reorganize my iTunes library all over again. Is there anyway I could fix this with windows or iTunes?
How do change my usb port name? For Example, From G:/ to F:/. and let it stay that way Forever. Thanks Guys:D?
Go to the %26quot;Control Panel%26quot;, click on %26quot;Performance and Maintenance%26quot;, click on %26quot;Administrative Tools%26quot; and click on %26quot;Computer Management%26quot;. Once there, look under %26quot;Storage%26quot; and click on %26quot;Disk Management.%26quot; This should give you a list of all disk devices. Make sure our external hard drive is connected so it will display on here. Under the label %26quot;Volume%26quot; right click on whatever drive letter you want to change and click on %26quot;Change Drive Letter and Paths...%26quot;. And change it to whatever you want.



I have done this before in a similar situation, but I don't think it keeps it as a permanent change. So, if you happen to unplug it and plug it back in, it may not be the same drive letter.



Normally Windows sets the drive letter in the order you connect them to your computer, so I would just make sure that you connect your external hard drive first before anything else. If you normally have something else plugged in before the external, I would recommend changing the drive path in your music player to G: or whatever else, so you don't have to keep doing this.