Saturday 4 June 2011

Can someone please explain to me in very very simple terms how to change my port for uTorrent?

I have the little hazard icon thing on the bottom and it says the port I%26#039;m using doesn%26#039;t exist.


I%26#039;m not too good with computers so if anyone could explain how to do this simply I would be very grateful


Thank you |||This guide to getting best download speeds in uTorrent has that info, screenshots and more:


http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/鈥?/a>|||On the tool bar at the top of the utorrent page click on the cog, when the panel opens up click on connection and then click on random port. I have ticked the four boxes underneath, now click apply and ok. After a few minutes the hazard icon will turn to a green circle with a tick in it. Hope that this helps. Good luck.|||Hold down the Ctrl button and push the G button. It should open a speed guide.





Down near the bottom there is a spot where you can type in a port number you want. Put 0 for it to automatically choose.





Edit: It really depends on what version you have.|||Do the following:





Navigate to Options %26gt; Preferences %26gt; Connections


Click %26quot;random port%26quot; once.


Uncheck %26quot;Randomize port each time 碌Torrent starts.%26quot;





You should be good then.|||press Ctrl+p then click connections and change your port.